I think I today found the physical limit of how much time I can spend in the garden. Today I:
- Dug over and shifted two compost bins and set up another one, and spread compost over the tomatoes;
- Cleaned out the chook shed and chased the chooks away from the raised bed before they ate all the cucumber seedlings;
- Weeded the back yard veggie beds;
- Moved the remaining soil leftover from the retaining wall (most of it anyway);
- Picked a couple of kilos of veggies and fruit;
- Planted fresh beetroots, lettuces, silverbeet, and zucchini;
- Swept all the leaves from the back patio;
- Built a tomato cage;
- Gave all the veggies a foliar feed;
Now I’m lying on my bed wondering if I can get up to scrub the veggies I still have sitting in a big tub of water and make dinner.
To be honest, I’m not sure. I do want dinner…but my body is protesting heavily.
Thank goodness I’m only a part-time gardener.